The use of the mouse is very frequent in our daily life activities. This is an integral tool that if not working properly affects our working efficiency. We do both right and left click with the mouse but sometimes while using it we find that our right click is not working properly. In that case, what should we do? All of it is going to be discussed in this article. You will find out different reasons and their fixation ways in detail.
Ways of Fixing the Right Clicks
If we are aware of the cause of the failure of right click, we can fix it easily. The fixing can easily be done by properly diagnosing the failure in right-click. Following are the cause and their solutions:
Use your mouse by attaching it to a different USB port or replace it with another mouse to check the working of right-clicking. You can also check your mouse with another computer. Change the left and right buttons by this guideline and test your mouse. Press Win+I and then go to the settings option, then the device, and at the end mouse option to change the right and left button position.
You can also check your mouse click and scroll online. Visit the website for mouse testing and do right and left click.
Sometimes your mouse driver needs to be updated for your mouse to function. For this you have to reinstall your mouse driver by following these steps:
- Open the devices manager from the window search box.
- There will be an option for mice and other pointing devices to click on it.
- Then select the mouse device by double click
- Then choose the option update drivers
- Again select the option to search automatically for updated driver software
- The window will update your driver then after the process is finished, reboot your system and check your problem.
Power Management Setting for USB
You can resolve your mouse issue by changing the power management setting. You can do this by:
- Type devmgmt.msc in the dialogue box.
- Click Ok
- Another window will open and search the USB controller option
- Click on it.
- It will expand, there is a list of different options, double click the option USB root hub and uncheck the option “Allow the computer to run off this device to save power” and press ok.
- Repeat this step for remaining all USB root hub
- In the end, Check whether the issue has been solved or not.
Run File Checker System
The presence of corrupt system files affects the working of the mouse. So try this option, maybe it will resolve your right-click issue.
- Open the command prompt as administrator
- Type the command sfc/scannow
- Don’t leave the command line until the message appears 100% verification completed.
- Reboot your system when the process is completed.
Run DISM Tool
You can run this tool to check your hard drive and repair it. For this you have to:
- Open the command prompt
- Type the following three commands and press enter after each command
- Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth.
- Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth.
- Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /restorehealth.
- Check your issue at the end after restarting your system.
Use Tool Cleaner
Download Ccleaner on your system and install it. It cleans all the window junk files. Go to the tool option of this program, then startup, and then the context menu. In the menu, you can see which items appear when you press the right button. You can enable, disable, or can also remove any strange item.
Create Another User
We have to create another user when the previous user profile breaks in the system. With the administrator option, we can create another user to see if the right click is working or not. If the right click works, then go to the old user and fix the problem. For this:
- Run CMD administrator and enter the commands one by one until they execute
- Type command: DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
- Type command: DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- Type command: sfc /scannow
Scanning the System
- Scan your whole system to resolve the right-click problem. For this :
- Launch the windows defender tool from the start option of the desktop, and click on the shield option
- Another window appears, click on the advanced scan option there.
- Launch a full system scan to remove malware as they cause hindrance in your hardware and software function.
Update your System
It is necessary that the latest updated window is running on your computer because the update removes the error and improves system functioning. Go to the windows update section from the search box. Check and install available updates.
After updating the system, you are still facing the right-click issue when installing the latest motherboard driver. The mouse problems arise due to the NVIDIA drivers, so download the drivers for your NVIDIA computer.
Remove the Recently Installed Software
Sometimes we install new software for work, but it causes hindrance with your mouse working. In that case uninstall it, by going into the control panel. It has been seen that third-party programs or software cause conflicts in the working of your other devices.
You may also find it helpful:
For Windows 10 Users
Disable Tablet Mode
Sometimes in Windows 10, the tablet mode is enabled which shows that you are using the tablet. It creates a problem with the right clicking of the mouse, so you can also check this option and disable it, to resolve the problem. Another way to check this option, whether it is enabled or disabled follow this path:
- Go to the window settings, system, and then tablet mode.
- To enter into the window setting, press Win and I together then check that boot mode should not be your tablet mode.
Many people are struggling with the right-click function on their mouse. We hope that you find these solutions helpful enough. You may try a few potential solutions, but if none of them work it may be time to invest in a new mouse.